Friday, January 7, 2011

God is NOT Dead

Four years ago I began a journey like no other with God. I brought all that I was, all that I had hoped to be and all I ever wanted into complete submission to His dream for my life. I was in the middle a worship seminar when the Holy Spirit spoke to me with a clear voice, "I want you to go to school." And before I could object He said, "Don't worry about how much it will cost, what you will do with your small boys, or how you will have time. I have your days in my hand. I want you to go to school."
At the time, I had no idea what He had in store for my life. I had zero confidence in my ability and very little faith that I was good at anything. A few months later I was enrolled in one class and doors began flying open. Scholarships came easily along with a direction for a major. As I am headed into my Senior year, I can look back and see how God has healed my mind, my emotions and guided my feeble feet on stable ground.
This year has been the most profound of all years. It was during a class assignment that I discovered an entire apartment complex full of refugees. I want you to know that a refugee is not an illegal alien. A refugee by definition is one who has been displaced from their homeland due to persecution, which includes torture and abuse. They are cheated by their government and often driven from their homes at gunpoint. Some refugees are displaced due to natural disasters, but when they arrive in nearby countries they are not warmly welcomed, they then suffer malnutrition and are left to perish. The process of becoming a refugee is gruling and can take up to 10 years to be approved by the United Nations.
When I first arrived to my assignment I did not know what to expect. My group assisted a national agency in welcoming 3 new arrivals. The families came from Burma. As I was bringing items in and out of the apartment the Holy Spirit grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and said, "I have brought the mission field to you." I became so excitted I could hardly contain myself.
Many questions filled my head, "How, when and WOW!" The Lord showed me then that all the years of schooling was for this moment, for this purpose. That He would provide direction just as easily as He did the first moment He told me to go to school.
I want my brothers and sisters in Christ to know today, that we serve a Living God. He is not deaf nor does He slummber. If you have been waiting for a miracle I know He is faithful to do what He has promised to do and He will do it when we are obedient to His will.
I have MUCH to share on the adventures I've had in sharing the gospel with many nations. I will be posting the miracles and the wonders of His love in these notes. My hope is that you, my friends will be inspired to follow Christ like never before, give to Him everything you are, and share His truths to a lost and dying world. We may only have a short time, don't waste another minute being busy with your life, be busy giving His!!!!
Lovingly,
Katrina Ward

Mark 16:15-16 (King James Version)

15"And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved..."

No comments:

Post a Comment